Foundation has always been a popular choice for those who want to achieve a flawless and even complexion. However, applying a full coverage foundation can be a bit intimidating for those who are new to makeup or have never used it before. In this blog, we will guide you on applying a full coverage foundation step by step to achieve a perfect finish every time. Moreover, we will also help you find the best concealer for dark circles, dark spots, dry skin, oily skin and more.
Step 1: Prep Your Skin
The first step to applying full coverage foundation is to prep your skin. It involves cleansing your skin thoroughly and moisturizing it well. A well-hydrated face will help your foundation to go on smoothly and evenly. You can use a lightweight moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type. It is important to let the moisturizer absorb into your skin before moving on to the next step.
Step 2: Prime Your Skin
Applying a primer before your foundation can help to create a smooth base and help your foundation to last longer. It would be best to choose a primer suitable for your skin type. If you have oily skin, go for a mattifying primer, while a hydrating primer is a good option for dry skin. Apply the primer to your face using your fingertips and gently rub it until it is evenly distributed.
Step 3: Choose the Right Shade and Formula
Choosing the right shade and formula is crucial for achieving a flawless finish. It is important to prefer a shade that matches your skin tone. Test the foundation on your jawline, and select the shade that disappears into your skin. When it comes to formula, choose a full coverage foundation that is suitable for your skin type. If you have oily skin, look for a matte formula, while a hydrating formula is ideal for those with dry skin.
Step 4: Apply the Foundation
To apply full coverage foundation:
- Start by applying a small amount of product to the back of your hand or directly to your face.
- Use a foundation brush, sponge, or your fingers to apply the foundation. Using a brush, start at the centre of your face and blend outwards.
- If you use a sponge, dampen it first and then blend the foundation into your skin.
- Start at the centre of your face and blend outwards. If you are using your fingers, start at the centre of your face and blend outwards.
Step 5: Build Coverage
If you need more coverage, you can build it up gradually. Start by applying a small amount of foundation to the areas that need more coverage, and blend it outwards. Continue to layer the foundation until you achieve the desired coverage. Remember to blend the foundation well to look seamless and natural.
Step 6: Conceal Imperfections
If you have any blemishes, dark circles, or other imperfections, you can use concealer to hide them. Use the concealer after you have applied your foundation. It would be best to choose a shade that matches your skin tone and apply it with a brush or your fingertips. Blend the concealer well so that it looks seamless and natural.
If you need a concealer for dark circles or to hide blemishes, we have got you covered. You can purchase the best concealer online from Type Beauty. They offer:
- Get Even Concealer for dark circles and hyperpigmentation.
- Zit Quit Concealer for Acne & Uneven Texture.
- Eye Light Concealer for Fine Lines & Wrinkles.
Step 7: Set Your Foundation
To make sure your foundation lasts all day:
- Set it with a powder.
- Choose a powder that matches your skin tone and apply it with a fluffy brush.
- Start at the centre of your face and blend outwards.
- Blend the powder well so that it doesn’t look cakey or unnatural.
Step 8: Finish with Setting Spray
Finally, finish your makeup look by spritzing on a setting spray to lock in your makeup and keep it looking fresh all day. Hold the spray bottle at arm’s length, and spray a fine mist over your face.